Tuesday 27 September 2011

Land Ahoy!


















Created on September 9th.
I was finding it difficult to come with a theme this week so I did a bit of internet exploring and decided to create some nautical nails. This has been done a lot by many people so I wanted to make sure I did my own spin on them but still using only a few basic colours.
The important things to get in there were the symbols, like the anchor and the ships wheel, and the nautical stripes. The rest of them I just thought up as I went along.
My favourite is definitely the compass rose because I really wanted the detail to be nice and sharp and it came out better than I thought it would.
(Thanks to my friend Marta who came up with the lighthouse idea when I couldn't decide what to do with the final nail.)

No comments:

Post a Comment