Tuesday 27 September 2011

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...


















Created on 16th September.
This week was the blu ray release of the Star Wars box sets at work so obviously I had to get me some Star Wars themed nails to celebrate and promote.
Took me a little while to figure out what to put on each nail but once I'd decided it wasn't difficult to design. It did take a long time to get all the detail in some of them though.
I made a conscious decision not to involve any of the three prequels as we don't talk about those. Instead I decided to use characters good and bad, ships and lightsabers (and of course I had to write 'Star Wars' in the proper title style on my thumb nails). I also put a bit of glitter on all the nails with a black background to make it starry, although you can't see it very well in the pics I have.
My favourite is definitely Boba Fett as I really wanted to get the detail in the battered helmet (plus I had to draw his little antenna on my finger to get the full effect). R2D2 comes a close second, if only I could've made him project a mini Princess Leia.

Better pics with the glittery star detail:
(Note how I put a bit less on the Death Star nail as it had already destroyed a few. RIP Alderaan.)

No comments:

Post a Comment