Wednesday 8 January 2014

O Christmas Tree


This year's advent calendar nails are in the theme of Christmas tree decorations. I painted my nails as windows with white snow in them before removing one nail a day and re-painting it with a design I had picked out specifically for that date. I wanted to use festive colours as the base coats so I chose 5 glitter colours - red, green, silver, gold and blue. For the blue I used Barry M Cyan Blue, then painted over it with a single coat of Barry M silver glitter so the blue still shone through.

The first day - the 15th - is a small green present with a gold bow.

The 16th is a fairy holding a pink balloon (as this day is my mum's birthday I always have to include something for her in there as well):


The 17th is a gold bell with a red ribbon:


The 18th is a white bauble with a red snowflake decorated on it:


The 19th is a gingerbread man:


The 20th is a miniature red and gold drum:


The 21st is a chocolate gold coin (for the base coat on this nail I decided to try out my new Barry M Textured Nail Effect in 'Lady'):


The 22nd is a silver reindeer:


The 23rd is two turtle doves, inspired by Home Alone 2, one of my favourite Christmas films:


The 24th is a Christmas stocking with candy canes sticking out the top:


Had a lovely Christmas this year with friends, family and kitty. Here's a pic of my cat 'enjoying' the festivities by the Christmas tree:


Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment