Tuesday 25 October 2011

Once upon a nail...



Sorry it's taken me so long to get back on here! I'm back at uni now so I've been super busy with presentations and all sorts. Making prosthetics this term and I'm so excited, although it's a lot of work so I need to keep my head down. I am however still making time for my nails.

This week's theme is Disney! Yay! Been a big fan of Disney since I can remember, especially the classic Disney princesses. We've got an offer on at hmv for buy one get one free on selected Disney DVD's and Blu Rays at the mo so that gave me inspiration to do a bit of promoting.
I've only selected Disney films that are actually in the offer so there are some awesome classics which are missing for that reason, like Sleeping Beauty (my personal favourite) and The Little Mermaid. I have however chosen some pretty good classics which most people recognised.
I wanted to put small symbols or items on my nails that are obvious references to their films, as opposed to whole characters or scenes as thats a bit too much detail.
Most people have been able to recognise which films all the nails are from and its been quite fun seeing if people can get them all. A lot seem to get stuck on the 'Wall E' one. Here is the list of all them; Up, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, Alice in Wonderland, Toy Story, Wall E, Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, Aristocats and Aladdin. I wanted to do the symbol for the Disney castle and the Walt Disney signature (like on the beginning of all the films) on my thumb nail but I just never gave myself enough time to do it.
I also got a mention on Twitter for these nails as well which I'm quite proud of. This is how it went:
I tweeted "Promoting the Disney buy one get one free at work this week! " with a pic of one hand.
hmvtweets then replied " those are amazing!!!" and they retweeted as well.
I then wrote "Here's the other hand. Do I get a bonus for going the extra mile ? :D" with a pic of my other hand.
To which they replied " haha you'll have to ask your manager about that! ::)". Which I am still yet to do, however I have actually sold DVD's in the promotion because of these nails so here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment