Tuesday 14 February 2012

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

















Created 6th January.
Back at uni with a new group project which I'm equally excited and nervous about. The project title is 'In the Hall of the Pirate Council'. Can't wait to come up with some great fun pirate make up and prosthetic ideas!
To keep with this theme (and to impress my tutor with my enthusiasm for the project) I decided this would be a perfect time to do pirate themed nails. I've always wanted to do a treasure map on my nails since I saw The Daily Nail's amazing 'X Marks the Spot' nails, http://daily-nail.blogspot.com/2010/09/x-marks-spot.html, so I took that as influence and created my own treasure map design.
For the other hand I decided to do a variety of objects relating to pirates; a pirate flag, a telescope, a pirate himself with a gold earring, eye patch and head scarf, a glittering treasure chest and a bottle of grog.
My tutor was very impressed with the treasure map nails and even gave me ideas toward the project and how I can use a treasure map in the designs. Can't wait to get started with it all now!
One of my favourite lame jokes:
Why are pirates pirates?
Because they arrrrrrrrggghhh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment